We are at the end of April. If your 2018 revenue goals as commercial real estate broker, agent, or manager are on track — great. If not, it’s time for a quick assessment.
This is a similar message I received from David Newman, a speaker coach to whom I subscribe. His point was clear. We are beyond the first quarter. 33% of 2018 is now behind us.
Leveraging Mr. Newman’s email, I modified his message for commercial real estate professionals.
Here’s what that looks like for your 2018 net commission goals:
- You want $100K – have you collected $33K in cash since January?
- You want $200K – have you collected $66K in cash since January?
- You want $300K – have you collected $100K in cash since January?
- You want $500K – have you collected $166K in cash since January?
As David Newman wrote: If you’re not 1/3 of the way there NOW, then you’re behind. He is right. And if you want some help to catch up, you should talk to our team for a confidential strategy session before it’s too late!
Here are some similar questions David asked me to consider (again modified for your CRE practice):
- What have you achieved since the beginning of the year?
- Are you on track to reach the goals you set in January?
- Is your brokerage revenue where you want it to be?
- Are you getting in front of enough of the right audiences?
- Are you pursuing – and getting – the fees you really deserve?
- Are you building freedom into your commercial real estate business?
- Is it harder to fill your calendar than you thought it would be?
- Are you killing yourself with 100 to-do’s that you dread?
- Do you feel like you’re spinning your wheels and getting nowhere?
- Are you losing assignments you feel you should be getting?
- Do you feel alone trying to figure it all out?
- Do you sometimes feel like quitting?
If you want to reach your commission goals and finally escape the “feast and famine” cycle, building a real business around your personal commercial real estate practice — you can.
Even being a really hard worker, if you’re working the wrong system (or NO system), using the wrong tactics (cold calling, social media, blogging your brains out), and especially if you have no support — you’re not going to hit your goals.
One third of this year is done.
It’s over. David Newman’s email continued.
You can’t undo… or redo… the past.
That’s the bad news.
Now here’s the good news… Today is the beginning. And with the right system (like our Massimo Coaching Platforms), you can make up the time you lost this year (or the last couple of years).
Imagine hitting your yearly commission goal in 2018, even if you are behind right now. Imagine surpassing your yearly commission goals every year, from here on out.
Think about how that would change things for you!
Talk to our team for a confidential strategy session before it’s too late.
And thank you, David Newman, for the great email.