As the Thanksgiving holiday is upon us, I like to reflect on what I am thankful for. First, I look to my family; and then to my health, my friends, and of course – my business, my team, and our clients.
While I believe we should always look to our families first, there is so much for commercial real estate brokers to be thankful for. Here is my top 5.
1. Unlimited potential income. Most commercial real estate professionals are independent contractors, and thus – you are your own boss and have the control to create your own destiny. There may be no paid vacations, limited health benefits, and no company pension – but there is no annual cap in on a salary escalation.
2. You set your own goals. There are no company quotas (although some brokers may have desk costs). You decide what you wish to focus on – whether it be earnings or even specialties.
3. Flexible work hours. Although successful commercial real estate agents tend to work more than 40 hours a week, they can also create their own work schedule and do it on their own terms.
4. People need you. When you position yourself correctly, you are viewed as a resource – and your service is not commoditized.
5. Capital continues to flood the commercial real estate industry. Whether is it investment dollars or venture capital in CRE tech, the market loves commercial real estate. The more capital, the more velocity. The more velocity, the more transactions.
While I recognize several markets are slowing down, and there are always daily challenges to running a personal commercial real estate business – I hope you realize you are in total control of your destiny. While you may or may not earn what you want in 2018, you can pretty much guarantee that you will earn what you deserve – and it’s pretty cool to know you influence that each and every day.
With the year ending, we want to be sure to provide you with the insight and support you need to make 2018 your best year yet. Please check out these 2 options:
Special webinar with Rick Lackey, founder of Real Professionals Network. Rick will share the major trends he is seeing in both major and secondary markets across the United States. Click here to register for this free webinar, which is being held on December 6th at 1:00pm EST.
If you are ready to really make 2018 your best CRE year yet, click here to schedule a free strategy call with one of our program consultants.