Earlier last week, one of our clients shared a LinkedIn post by Zachary Lukasiewicz. The post, titled 19 Shocking Sales Stats that Will Change How You Sell shared statistics which Zachary himself did not take credit for the information or even vouch for their accuracy. However, he did believe, based on the credibility of the sources, that they are at least pretty close to reality.
According to Lukdasiewicz’s post:
- The best times to call are Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6:45 to 9 a.m. and 4 to 6 p.m. (RingLead)
- The worst times to call are Mondays from 6 a.m. to noon and Fridays in the afternoon. (RingLead)
[Tweet “The best times to call are Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6:45 to 9:00 am and 4 to 6 pm”]
Other stats shared in this post included:
- The average voicemail response rate is 4.8%. (InsideSales)
- The optimal voicemail message is between 8 and 14 seconds. (The Sales Hunter)
- 80% of calls go to voicemail, and 90% of first time voicemails are never returned. (RingLead)
- On the phone, tone is 86% of our communication. (ContactPoint)
- On the phone, words we actually use are only 14% of our communication. (ContactPoint)
- 80% of sales require 5 follow-up calls after meeting. (Scripted)
- 44% of salespeople give up after one follow-up. (Scripted)
[Tweet “90% of first-time voicemails are never returned”]
Let’s hear from you! When do you find to be your most productive day and time to make prospect calls? Share with us in the comment section below!